My favorite Backstreet Boy AJ McLean got married to longtime girlfriend (come on, a year long courtship is a lifetime in the entertainment industry) Rochelle Karidis this weekend.
I knew this wedding was coming as I watched the tweets from AJ and company pour out these past week or so, but I have had some hard times coming to terms that the guy I swooned over for years has now been snagged up for life. Sigh. At least this girl is cute and at least she seems to be good for him. If AJ is happy, then I’m happy. It just should have been me, but whatever. I’m not a bitter bitch and I’m not tatted up enough. At any rate, the Backstreet wedding went down in Los Angeles and was attended by the other guys from BSB including Kevin Richardson, Howie Dorough, Brian Littrell and Nick Carter AND oddly enough Kathy Griffin and New Kids on the Block singer Joey McIntyre.
Here are some other tidbits we do know according to People magazine and Us Weekly:
* The wedding took place at the Beverly Hills Hotel with Karidis walking down the aisle to Guns N’ Roses’ November Rain.
* Celebrity photographer Tyler Shields officiated the nuptials.
* It was a goth-themed ceremony that took place in the evening.
* The couple exchanged vows under a gazebo adorned with white hydrangeas.
* Romantic chandeliers surrounded guests.
* Karidis wore a Vera Wang gown, while AJ sported a red bowtie.
Sounds like a good time. Congratulations to AJ and Rochelle! I’m a bit sad, but I’ll get over it.
Haagen Daaz anyone?