Alec Baldwin and Harvey Weinstein have buried the hatchet following the actor’s tirade at the Cannes Film Festival.
“I don’t care who knows,” Baldwin declared. “After the success he (Weinstein) had at Cannes last year and all the f—ing Oscars, he’s still a f—ing douche bag! I can’t believe it.”
Baldwin’s fury was due to Weinstein’s decision to opt out of participating in Seduced and Abandoned, the Cannes documentary he’s shooting with director James Toback about financing films at the fest. Francis Ford Coppola, Nicole Kidman, Roman Polanski, Martin Scorsese and Marion Cotillard are among the big names Baldwin recruited for interviews.
“This non-issue has been resolved,” Baldwin’s publicist, Matthew Hiltzik, told THR on Friday. “The film and the fundraising are far more important and interesting than this.”
Baldwin removed himself as auction leader at Thursday’s amfAR’s Cannes fund-raiser — co-hosted by Weinstein — because he didn’t want to be a distraction; instead, he showed up as a guest, writing a note to Weinstein that read: “HW, my apology to you and congratulations on a successful event.”
“Alec couldn’t have been more gracious,” Weinstein said. “We all lose our tempers sometime; trust me I have, too. We all appreciated his generosity to everyone at amfAR.”