Exclusive Interview, Alyssa Bernal
It’s hard to believe that Alyssa Bernal began her career in music, not so long ago, simply by adding a series of heartfelt, acoustic clips of herself singing onto YouTube. At the time, Alyssa was just your average American teenager, whose day to day life included class and cheerleading practice- but, as we know, Alyssa is anything but “average.”
Music comes naturally to Alyssa, whose effortless charm is reflected in her voice. Watching one of her YouTube videos, it’s not surprising that she caught the eye of superstar producer Pharrell Williams last year. Now, Alyssa is touring with Lifehouse and Kris Allen on the Smoke and Mirrors Tour, and is set to release her Star Trak debut album, In Love Again For The First Time, early next year. An album that will, no doubt, bring a much-needed breath of fresh air to the pop landscape.
I recently had the chance to talk to Alyssa about the twists and turns her life has taken over the past year. She even dished on her Halloween costume, including how she was mistaken for another young pop star.
Check out the interview after the jump!
Alyssa’s three-song EP is out now and available on iTunes. The EP includes her first single, “Cali Cali Cali” as well as “Hold Me Tight“, a duet with Lifehouse singer Jason Wade.
Click HERE to listen to the full interview.
- November 4 – Kansas City, MO Uptown Theater
- November 5 – Chicago, IL Chicago Theater
- November 8 – Detroit, MI The Fillmore Detroit
- November 9 – Saint Louis, MO The Pageant
- November 11 – Milwaukee, WI Eagles Ballroom
- November 12 – West Des Moines, IA Val Air Ballroom
- November 14 – Denver, CO Ogden Theater
- November 15 – Salt Lake City, UT In The Venue
- November 16 – Reno, NV Knitting Factory
- November 18 - Universal City, CA Gibson Amphitheater
- November 20 – Temecula, CA Pechanga Resort & Casino
- November 21 – San Francisco, CA Nob Hill Masonic Center
- November 23 – Seattle, WA WaMu Theater
- November 24 – Portland, OR Roseland Theater