Kim Kardashian’s style has been front and center for years now. Whether that’s a good or a bad thing is debatable, but that’s besides the point. In celebration of her big day to hunky and very tall Nets player Kris Humphries, here’s a look at Kim’s looks throughout the years, beginning with some questionable outfits in 2006, a questionable outfit in 2011, and everything in-between.
- Hofbrauhaus “Maid,” September 2006: Let’s start with the costume closet, shall we? Here’s Kim and then-pal Paris Hilton (Still friends? Frenemies? We don’t know.) promoting Prosecco at Oktoberfest, which doesn’t really make much sense, but then again, neither will a few other things on this list
- Mall Rat Chic, October and November 2006: When looking like you were perpetually on your way to go shop at Bloomingdales was a thing, Kim totally rocked the mall look. This is achieved by wearing denim jeans tucked into knee-high boots, and matching your bag to your shoes to your giant waist belt—or silky shirt.
- Au Naturel, February 2007: We’ll let this speak for itself. Ah, For the Love of Ray-J…
- Butt-Hugging Hervés, July 2007: This certainly wasn’t the first time Kim slithered into an Hervé, and it definitely wasn’t the last. But since she wore them within two days of each other at Miami Swim Week in 2007, could this be the moment that she realized, Girl, I think my butt’s gettin’ big?
- Omg, Sweatsuits, October 2007: This was a thing. You’ve blocked it from your memory, but it existed. And here she is, struttin’ in one of them down the catwalk of the 2B Free Spring 2008 fashion show.
- Blazers, February 2009: Kimmie still loves a good old fashioned blazer with tight pants and a tee underneath, and you know what? She found the formula back in 2009, because it always looks good. The shoulders here are a lot, but the idea was there.
- Rawwrr!, September 2009: Never a stranger to animal prints, here’s two over-the-top favorites from 2009. Looks like she took a page out of this book at this week’s launch of the Kardashian Kollection for Sears.
- Channelling Her Inner J-Lo, August and September 2009: On both of these occasions, Kim really looked like big booty sister Jennifer Lopez, no? Don’t be fooled by the rocks that she got, she’s still Kimmie from the block.
- The Tightest Ponytail Ever and Lots of Embellishment, May 2010: A ponytail will never tone down a dress like this, which may or may not have been her strategy. Probably not.
- Rompers, September 2010: We’ve seen her do more flattering rompers that look less like pajamas, but vacation is always a good time to try out a new trend in case it’s not the best. Unless your Kim Kardashian, and your vacation photo ends up on page 24 of your 78 Getty Images.
- Belly Shirts, Intense Colorblocking, June 2011: The internets hated this look, but we actually dug the show a little skin and mix a little color in look at the launch of her new fragrance.
- Wedding Day, August 2011: Kimmie looked a little Princess Jasmine with her diamond headpiece, but the Armenian beauty said “I do” in a custom Vera Wang gown and ceremony with so much bling, aliens in an alternate universe probably know to tune in to her E! Special in October.
At Genetic Denim’s one-year anniversary at AREA Nightclub and the launch Sorum-Noce Couture Clothing, Los Angeles