TMZ is reporting that Whitney Houston’s family was told by LA County Coroner officers that Whitney died from a combination of Xanax and other prescription drugs MIXED with alcohol. Yes, a lethal drug cocktail. Apparently she did NOT die from drowning, despite other reports and according to TMZ. The officials told the fam that there was not enough water in Whit’s lungs to declare a death by drowning and that she may have died before her head was submerged in the water.
Also to clear up other rumors, according to TMZ, it was Whitney’s aunt Mary Jones who discovered the singer’s body in the bath tub not the bodyguard, the hairdresser or Ray-J. After discovering her in the tub, she pulled Whitney out and began giving her CPR.
We will not know for certain the true cause of death (at least on paper anyways) until the toxicology report comes out in about a month, but it seems more commonplace that prescription pills are more of an issue for celebrities these days. Is it because they are legal and easily accessible? Sure the doctors can write the prescriptions, but they can’t control how many pills the patient takes!
We’ll have to wait and see for certain what the toxicology report says, but so far it’s not looking like natural causes.