So yeah. So much for that accidental drowning cause of death revelation. Even though peeps were telling everyone to settle the eff down because Whitney Houston was clean of drugs and getting her butt back on track with life and there was no way in got damn hell that Whit could have fathomed of indulging in drugs resulting in an overdose to her death, I guess those peeps were a tad naive or just full of hope.
According to the Los Angeles County Coroner’s report, the hotel room where Whitney Houston died was filled with drugs and paraphernalia.
Not only that but there were “remnants of a white powdery substance” found in her room at the Beverly Hilton, including inside a drawer and below the base of a freestanding mirror. The report also says that “a small spoon with a white crystal-like substance in and a rolled up piece of white paper” were also found in the bathroom where Whitney was found dead.
But that is not all, folks. Yep, there is more.
In addition, “multiple bottles of prescription medication” were spread across a table along with a beer can and a half-eaten sandwich.
The coroner also says that Whitney “possibly overdosed on a narcotic substance, prescription medications, over the counter medications and alcohol.”
In other words, she probably did die of an overdose.
Sad, but soooo not surprising.